Friday 25 February 2011

Rowing in New Zealand

The horror of the Christchurch earthquake makes one worry about friends in New Zealand, however far they live from the area, so it was good to hear from Owen Sinclair, who writes:
Hi Chris,
I'm trying to distract myself from thoughts about the earthquake in Christchurch. I'm OK, being 250 miles away, but I lived in Christchurch for about 25 years and still haven't heard from some friends and family there.
Anyway; some photos from a day trip from Totaranui in Abel Tasman National Park into the Awaroa Estuary and up the Awaroa River, last weekend.
The entrance to the estuary is less than a one hour row along the coast; I went in with the tide and back out on the ebb. Saw numerous native birds and some stingrays.
Part of a great weekend away, which left me feeling great until news of the earthquake.
regards,
Owen

No comments: