Sunday 16 January 2011

More Mirage drive boating


Mack Horton in Melbourne has sent a link to a video of his double Hobie Mirage drive powered boat Strider beetling around Victoria Harbour. What I really like about this is that he is peddling round the backs of pontoons and under gangways along strips of water too narrow to row. It looks like great fun. Look out for the admiring glances of onlookers!
More videos here.
Mack built Strider at the Wooden Boat Centre, which builds boats and offers facilities for people to build their own. I wish there was a place like that in Chichester Harbour. I need it desparately.

3 comments:

Bursledon Blogger said...

You could always start one in your garage - the Chichester Wooden Boat Centre!!

Chris Partridge said...

It's the criminal lack of a garage that is the problem. I could build one, of course, but I think I really want to move house...

John said...

Noooooo . .

He's pedalling it, not flogging it.

John